Sunday, November 21, 2010

Understanding That You Never Really Understand

After Sunday nights youth, I am deeply in "awh" and overwhelmed with how little I can comprehend. Don't get me wrong, I understood the sermon. But upon my drive home I reflected on it more and more, repeating the truths I heard as simply as I could. I'm always a slave. I once was a slave with a master who cared nothing about me. I was on a road to destruction. I was purchased. Purchased for the highest price. I am no longer slave to my old master;I am dead to him and he to me. I have a new Master. A great Master. Who knows what is best for me. A Master who knows more about me then I do myself. I Taylor, who has a new and great Master, is completely foolish. I allow this other "master" to use me for his evil working. I do it all the time:when I'm tired and think i deserve a break, when I become frustrated with my brother, when I think I'm being treated unfairly, and when I want to be the center of attention. But this is the part where I come to a great moment of "ahw" so great I am unable to fully understand it. God has paid the greatest price to make me His own again. He crushed His ONLY son for me. The one who cares so deeply for me has made me His slave. And just like that I am working for that which is against Him. Yet, instead of leaving me, instead of telling me, "Why would I continue to be your Master if you will not work for me alone?". He tells me that I am His forever. That the power of Christ's sacrifice is eternal. Nothing can ever separate me from His love and Lordship. With gentleness,He breaks me. With love, He corrects me. Always.

5 comments:

  1. that illustration he gave was great,
    totally helps me understand and see more
    i know how you feel :)
    and apparently so did Paul when he wrote about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are pathetic creatures are we not??

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sermon was amazing, and exactly what I needed to hear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor, this brought tears to my eyes this morning. As I got up today, rushed hurriedly out of my bed, I didnt care to stop and think that I am a slave of my Lord Jesus. You just reminded me of my status. I am a redeemed slave of my King and I belong to Him!!

    Another thing that struck me while I was reading, is the fact that God saves! I didnt know you before you were a believer, but it fascinates me to think that you were this girl that never went to church, and knew nothing about God and that God just picked you up, and took you out of the grip of the evil master, and transfered you into the Kingdom of light and into the loving hands of our Great Master.

    Thank you for sharing. Lets live in the light of this!

    I praise you Jesus, Son of God!

    -yana mikhaylenko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yanna, I do think you should just make your own blog...
    This comment is so encouraging!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete