Tuesday, February 8, 2011

All I need

All I need is God.

That is it.

What more could I need?

He is

The TRUTH

The WAY

and The Life.

He is the source of all true Joy..

I need not a Christian Family.

I need not to be beautiful.

I need not a best friend.

I need not exceptence from others.

I need not be known.

I need not be understood.

I need not to be seen as good.

I need not be loved.

I need not to be a nurse.

I need not be married.

Inside I have a longing.

A longing I was created with.

Only one thing can fill it.

It is God.

That is it.

No object,

No attention,

No sinful person,

Can ever take His place.

So why do I continue to believe these lies?

Lord I ask thee,

I have a longing to worship you,

remind me, guide me, and teach me.

Draw me close to You.

For You have saved me.

Teach me to love You more.

Show me You are

All I need...

4 comments:

  1. Such powerful words.
    I want to remember this every single day and review it in my thoughts.

    There's such a difference between what we want and what we need.
    We seriously mix those two up.
    All I need is in you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post Taylor... it reminds me of a favorite quote from C.S. Lewis:

    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alla - I hope to also remind myself daily of this Truth. If we do, it can save us from so much hurt!! And we will be able to live for God all the more! Oh and not fall as often into wanting the approval of others!!
    Jon -Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I really enjoy that quote! It is very logical.. I wonder if this quote may have been inspired by or inspired the world of Narnia... hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. exactly!!
    this is a great reminder
    how we long for heaven but these earthly things so easily tie us up

    reminds me of jj heller's song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhJwPs9CRTU

    ReplyDelete