Thursday, January 6, 2011

Your turn

School has started..
and I'll be honest...
Although I really wish not to say a word...
I've been finding it extremely difficult to not worry about what the world thinks of me..
Okay I said it..
I've been really quiet in my classes and trying to just "blend" in.
I know that this is BAD... BAD! that I won't be able to evangelise to others if I try to be neutral. Yes. I know that this will also mean other will mock me just as they did my sweet savior.
BUT, I'm still finding it difficult..
SO I ask you, please, please, please, help me out!
My dear brothers and sister, what is it that helps you in this area?? What verses do you look to? What things do you do?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Taylor... you sound like me. In all honesty, the easiest way is to follow the path of least resistance and go with the flow... you aren't alone there! This obviously isn't the right way, though. I think I would have to say that the biggest thing to fighting this temptation is to spend time in the Bible and in prayer before you venture into the world (aka putting on the armor of God). Also, surrounding yourself with godly friends, when possible, keeps you strong... the bible says that iron sharpens iron and that a rope of three cords is not easily broken (Prov 27:17, Eccl 4:12).

    Anyway, thats my 2 cents! Good post!

    Later,
    Jonathon

    ReplyDelete